How to choose the best email marketing service for small business
Email marketing services are special services that are used to send email campaigns, track and analyze their efficiency like Unisender, Mailchimp, GetResponse, SendPulse, etc. And the market is practically crammed with such services and software. Just imagine, ChiefMartech created a landscape of 8,000 solutions existing today with hundreds that are used for email marketing!
But wait a minute, you might wonder why there are so many of them, why people are just not sending commercial emails from their personal email accounts?
- They are not intended for bulk emails. So, if you still use a regular mailbox for your campaigns, they will likely get into spam folders or not reach inboxes at all!
- They can’t provide you with the stats to analyze your campaign’s performance.
- You can’t manage unsubscribes with them. And campaigns without such an option are illegal.
- It’s difficult to create a beautifully designed email, as there are no templates in your regular mail.
Since we are speaking about small businesses, here we will discuss only pure marketing services, setting aside tools like CRM marketing software and plug-ins.
A lot of your success with email marketing depends entirely on the email marketing software you choose because they are responsible for making sure that your emails actually get delivered. And if they get delivered instead of ending up in the spam folder, it means, they are more likely to get opened and to take the users to the destination you want them to get.
When it comes to email marketing, most of the technologies offered by an email service provider are invisible, while the user interface is easy to learn and apply.
Things to look for when choosing email marketing software:
- Deliverability. Does the service have a good reputation with email providers so your messages get to the inboxes? All responsible ESPs take care of their ratings with internet service providers, so deliverability mostly depends on the client themselves – on the quality of the list, the usage of dedicated IPs, the setting of authentification.
- Automations and segmentation. Does the service allow you to set up marketing automations, schedule your campaigns, and segment the list by tagging the audience?
- Integrations and other communication channels. Is it possible to integrate the service with other business tools you use? Is there a possibility to send SMS, or set up web pushes for your website? It’s an important point as it helps grow your business and conveniently keep all business activities in one place.
- Analytics. Does the service have strong analytic features so you can understand what to improve and optimize?
- Usability and ready-to-use templates. Is the service intuitive to use, both for standard tasks and advanced functions? Does it have a variety of templates for any campaign you would like to send? Usually, small businesses don’t have a designer for that, that’s why it’s convenient when you can easily create an email with a block editor.
- Support. Is support service available 24/7 and how fast do they respond? It’s very important to get help fast, especially for a small business that usually has to deal with marketing themselves.