Sometimes when importing, some contacts are not imported into the list due to errors. You can get a detailed error report to fix them and try to import your contacts again.
Immediately after the import
Immediately after importing contacts, click on the button as shown in the screenshot.
In the Import History section
You can also download reports by clicking the Contacts dropdown menu, then selecting "Import History
To download, click on the "Error Report".
Import reports are available for 7 days.
The report is downloaded in CSV format.
Examples of errors in email adresses:
- Incorrect email format. Email address contains spaces, cyrillic characters or other invalid characters.
- Incorrect phone format. The phone number contains spaces, cyrillic characters or other nonadmissible characters.
- Recurring email address. Duplicate email. When importing, they will be deduplicated automatically, and only one email address will be imported automatically.
You can also receive a warning, for example:
- There may be a typo in the domain name in the address. For example, yandex.ry instead of yandex.ru. It is advisable to check these addresses.
Contacts with errors in rows are not added, but contacts with warnings are added.
- In the error report file, look at the row number in the first column.
- Find an error in the report in the Message column.
- In the file that we imported, find the row by number and fix the error.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the other rows.
- Save the file and import it to UniSender again.
We imported a file with errors in contacts.
After importing contacts, we download the error report.
Now we edit:
1.In the first column, we see that the error is in row 2. We keep the line number in mind.
2.In the Message column, we see that the reason for the error is an incorrect email format. The file contains an email address "firstname.lastname@example.org om" — there is an extra space in the domain part of the address.
3.Go to the file that we imported. In the second row, delete the space.
4.Do the same steps for the row 4. The email address contains extra dots, so we delete them.
5.This is what the edited file looks like:
We save it and import it again. The file is imported without errors.